Invitation to Blossoms, Bees, & Barnyard Babies 2016
This April 30th and May 1st we are again producing our popular historic Spring Tour. We invite you to open your gates and barnyard doors to offer a behind-the-scenes peek at Sonoma County’s finest food and agriculture. Known these days as “agritourism,” this is a great opportunity to connect directly with the public, promote and grow your business, attract new customers, and increase on-site sales. We’ll publicize the event and guide folks to your farms & businesses throughout the county- from Petaluma to Cloverdale and from Sonoma to Valley Ford. See details below and return your application by March 1st to email@example.com or to our office. We hope you’ll join us! The more members who participate, the more robust and compelling the trails will be…
- We ask that you provide unique offering(s) not typically available during your regular business hours- a tour, tasting, special product, demonstration, class, hike, performance, exhibit, game, sale, farm band, u-pick, animal interaction, etc.
- You may wish to collaborate with other Farm Trails members, by either hosting them at your site if you have an appropriate facility or by setting up at someone else’s. For instance, a mobile food truck might be a great addition for the picnic area next to your flower farm. Or perhaps a winery would like to pair with one of our amazing cheese makers. Let us know, and we can help facilitate these partnerships.
- You must be open for visitors from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, April 30th and/or from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, May 1st. You may opt to participate one day or both.
- The Spring Tour will be free to the public, but we will ask that folks RSVP via Brown Paper Tickets in order to receive the map and tour details. This way, we can have some general sense of attendance.
- You may charge for certain activities, but you must let us know details in advance so we can properly inform the public.
- Participating Farm Trails members must provide a certificate of insurance naming Sonoma County Farm Trails as “additional insured” for the day(s) you are participating in the event.
- As part of the Small Scale Agricultural Ordinance, the Board of Supervisors recently endorsed official Sonoma County Farm Trails events, so you will not need to obtain any special event permits to participate.
- Spring Tour applications will be due on Tuesday, March 1st this year, and all applicants will be notified of acceptance by March 7th.
- Farm Trails will promote the tour far and wide in an effort to bring the public to your farms/businesses. Of course, we can’t guarantee a specific turnout, but we will keep you posted on the RSVP rate and public response. Application here: B4 2016 App-2